Manual Material Handling Ergonomics
Manual Material Handling (MMH) tasks contribute to a large percentage of our WSBC time loss accepted injuries at UBC. It is important that both staff and supervisor recognize MMH hazards, follow safe working procedures and implement effective ergonomic interventions that eliminate or minimize the risk and impact of MMH injuries.
UBC’s Ergonomics Program offers the following resources:
- Training. Register online for one of our regularly scheduled MMH Ergonomics Trainings
- Lifting Limits: how much is too much?
- Safe Lifting Resource Sheet
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require additional assistance.
- Office Ergonomics
- Sit-Stand Ergonomic Resources
- Lab Ergonomics
- Design & Purchasing
- Ergonomics Regulations , Inspections & Investigations
- Ergonomics Resources
- Manual Material Handling Ergonomics
- Ergonomic Training & Workshops
- Contact Ergonomics
Call the Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.