Members of the Faculty Association
Salary increases and other economic benefits are negotiated annually by the Faculty Association for all members of the Association. These increases are normally effective July 1. Currently there is a 2-year agreement which expires on June 30, 2014. Negotiations will commence in early 2014 for a new agreement, and salary increases for 2014 July will be postponed until a new agreement is ratified. For details on the salary increases please see Faculty Salary Increases Implementation Process below.
Salary Increases for Full-Time Members
All full-time academic ranks (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor I, Instructor II, Senior Instructor, Professor of Teaching), 12-month Lecturers, Librarians and Program Directors are eligible for negotiated salary increases. Increases may include a general wage increase and amounts for the Career Advancement Plan, which includes Career Progress, Merit and Performance Salary Adjustment (a provision for redressing anomalies and inequities).
Salary Increases for Part-Time Members and Sessional Lecturers
Increases may include an “across the board” general wage increase. As per the Agreement (2012-2014) there is a general wage increases for part-time faculty members and Sessionals: 2.45% for 2012 and 2.4% for 2013.
Communiques – 2013
Salary Increase Components
- General Wage Increase (2.45% for 2012 & 2.4% for 2013)
- Career Progress Increments
- Market Adjustments (not currently in place)
- Merit and Performance Salary Adjustment (PSA)
- Length of Service CP Awards
- Lump Sum Payment
Tools for Administrators
- Salary Increase Info Session (PDF) – updated 2013
- Increase Spreadsheet Checklist (DOC)
- Increase Spreadsheet Instructions
- Sample Increase Spreadsheets (PDF)
- Increase Overview Timeline (DOC)
- Process Map (PDF)
- Merit-PSA Summary Spreadsheet (XLS)
- Merit-PSA Summary Spreadsheet Sample (XLS)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Manual Increase Forms: complete the Excel document and email as such to Nicole Hyatt at email@example.com
Faculty Members Covered Only By UBC Policy
- Increases may be made at any time, subject to funding availability and the approval of the supervisor, Head and Dean.