Members of the Faculty Association
Salary increases and other economic benefits are negotiated annually by the Faculty Association for all members of the Association. These increases are normally effective July 1. The current collective agreement is for 2016-2019. For details on the salary increases please see Faculty Salary Increases Implementation Process below.
Salary Increases for Full-Time Members
All full-time academic ranks (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Acting Assistant Professor, Instructor, Senior Instructor, Professor of Teaching), Lecturers, Librarians and Program Directors are eligible for negotiated salary increases. Increases may include a general wage increase and amounts for the Career Advancement Plan (aka Progress Through the Ranks), which includes Career Progress, Merit and Performance Salary Adjustment (a provision for redressing anomalies and inequities).
Salary Increases for Part-Time Members and Sessional Lecturers
All part-time members of the Faculty Association are eligible for negotiated salary increases. Normally the increase is an “across the board” general wage increase.
Implementation of the 2018 Increases
The July 1, 2018 increases will be processed in advance of July 1.
Salary Increase Components
- General Wage Increase
- Career Progress Increments
- Market Adjustments (not currently in place)
- Merit and Performance Salary Adjustment (PSA)
- Length of Service CP Awards
- Lump Sum Payment
Tools for Administrators
- Faculty Salary Increase Process-2018 Increases
- Spreadsheet Information
- Increase Overview Timeline
- Merit-PSA Summary Spreadsheet
- Merit-PSA Summary Spreadsheet Sample
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Manual Increase Forms: complete the Excel file, provide to your Dean’s Office who will load to Workspace and notify Faculty Relations