We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 intake for Coaching@UBC’s Coach Internship Program. For instructions on how to apply and to download a copy of the application form click here. The deadline for applications will be 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Are you interested in participating in our Coaching Internship Program? Please take a moment to review our criteria.
- You have completed your probationary period with UBC
- You are currently enrolled in an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program OR You will be enrolling in an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program during the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
- You understand the principles of coaching
- It is preferable if you have:
- worked with a coach for an extended engagement (i.e. more than a single session);
- participated in an introductory coaching workshop;
- adopted or are motivated to adopt an inquiry strengths-based approach in your work and relationships
- You enjoy working with people and:
- are a good listener
- able to maintain a neutral/objective approach
- are open minded
- possess a high degree of integrity.
- You have demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. have “taken the lead” – not necessarily employed in a formal leadership role at UBC).
- You pursue ongoing learning as a self-directed learner.
- You are engaged in volunteer or community activities and/or have 5 to 6 years organizational experience.
- You are able to adjust your work schedule to allow for a minimum of 4 hours/ month for 1:1 coaching
Ready to begin your application process? Visit our How to Apply page for further instructions.