If your goal is to:
- practice a coach approach in your workplace
- become a Certified Coach
- become a UBC Associate Coach with Coaching@UBC
… Coaching@UBC can connect you to the right resources!
Learn a Coach Approach
A Coach Approach can be as simple as asking a question to encourage a staff member to think through a task, rather than directing or advising them about how it should be done. In an effort to embed this inquiry-based approach in our organization, we are looking to our Certified and Credentialed Coaches and the hundreds of staff and faculty who have participated in our coaching workshops to name and acknowledge a Coach Approach when they see it used in the workplace.
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Appreciative Leadership Development Program
- InPowering- Making Sense of your Talents and Strengths
For more information on learning and development in coaching, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice a Coach Approach
“Practicum” programs are a component of all Coaching workshops at UBC. They are intended to help you integrate your learning by providing you the opportunity to practice your new skills in a safe environment. The Coach leading your workshop will review your Practicum options with you. Each workshop will have a different Practicum approach, which may include:
- Peer Coaching Triangles
- 1-on-1 Coaching
Become a Certified Coach
We have been building our coaching expertise at UBC since we established our coaching program in 2003. We currently have 70 Certified Coaches on our roster providing FREE 1-on-1 professional coaching to over two hundred UBC staff and faculty each year. Whether you are just “getting started”, have years of non-accredited coaching experience, or are a fully Certified Coach, here are developmental opportunities you can pursue:
- Coaching Internship Program for UBC Staff and Faculty
- Accredited Coach Training Programs
- Certificate in Organizational Coaching (UBC Continuing Studies)
- Professional coach credentialing through International Coach Federation (ICF) or International Association of Coaching (IAC)
- Further developmental opportunities for Certified Coaches through Coaching@UBC’s annual professional development series.
Become a UBC Coach
Join our UBC Community of Certified Coaches. View information on applying to become a UBC Coach.