Navigating your career is often something that people try to do by themselves. Having access to the right resources can provide support you to move forward.
Step 4 invites you to:
- Explore the information, tools, and resources provided on this page
- Consider what support from others resources you may need.
- Develop concise written statements related to your goals and add them to Section 4 of your Career Development Plan
Knowing what resources you need to achieve your career goals can greatly assist you in achieving them.
We invite you to consider the following questions:
- What new relationships might I build help me attain my career goals?
- Who do I know who can support me attain my career goals?
- Who have I lost touch with who might be able to support me in my career goals?
- What role can my friends and family take in encouraging me to stay focused?
- What role can my unit head/manager play in supporting my career aspirations?
- What communities of practice currently exist that I can tap into?
See the sidebar for resources and tools to assist you in answering these questions.
We now invite you to complete Section 4 in your Career Development Plan.