Message from the Vice President, Human Resources is unavailable at this time.
UBC staff & faculty by the numbers
- Number of employees: 16,089
- Vancouver: 4,975 faculty, 9,959 staff
- Okanagan: 496 faculty, 659 staff
- 27% of staff at UBC are under the age of 35, while 33% are 55 or older.
- Number of new hires in 2016: 87 new faculty, 1,563 new staff
- 65% of our new staff hires were under the age of 35
Learning & leadership
- In 2016-17, over 4,000 faculty and staff accessed professional development funding to pursue learning opportunities.
- 611 staff and faculty took part in Vancouver PD workshops in 2016-17.
Wellbeing & workplace health
- 4,682 people took part in health and wellbeing outreach programs at Vancouver and the Okanagan campus.
- 238 people had a health assessment done at our Travelling Health Fair and Healthy Measures Fair, as part of improving their personal health outcomes.
- 596 participants took part in Staff & Faculty Sports Day, enjoying physical and mental challenges with their colleagues.