As part of the university’s commitment to an outstanding work environment, we seek to provide our faculty and staff with improved access to professional development opportunities. UBC Human Resources administers professional development funds for several employee groups at UBC.
Professional Development Funding
PD Fund Notices
Submit faculty and staff PD Funds claims by email
COVID-19 related temporary measure – effectively immediately and until further notice.
Human Resources is temporarily accepting professional development fund claims by email submission during UBC’s Remote Work Arrangement period. Do not submit the original paper claim by Canada Post or campus mail.
- Email subject line: first name, last name – PD claim (e.g. John Smith – PD claim )
- PDF file name format: first name, last name – PD claim (e.g. John Smith – PD claim.pdf )
Please take note of the following before submitting your claim:
- Email your completed claim form, receipts, backup documentation, and approvals as one (1) combined Adobe PDF file attachment.
- Provide only the first 4 digits of your employee ID on your claim form in order to protect your personal information.
- Include e-signatures on the claim form (preferred method). As a back-up alternative, HR will also accept your manager’s approval by email when included with your claim submission.
- Retain the original paper claim and receipts. These documents will be required later for UBC audit purposes and you must be able to provide the original form and receipts if requested.
In light of current events and cancellations, we ask that you make sure any upcoming activities that you book are 100% refundable.
Additional Resources – Combining multiple files into a single PDF file
- UBC IT Software Licensing for Faculty and Staff for PDFs – Adobe Acrobat Professional
- How to combine multiple files and emails into a single PDF – Instructions
The UBC Tuition Fee Waiver provides eligible UBC staff and faculty with tuition assistance for approved UBC undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as non-credit courses offered through UBC Extended Learning and approved Sauder School of Business Continuing Business Studies non-credit courses and certificate programs. Visit the Tuition Waivers page to view details for your employee group.