As part of the university’s commitment to an outstanding work environment, we seek to provide our faculty and staff with improved access to professional development opportunities. UBC Human Resources administers professional development funds for several employee groups at UBC.
Professional Development Funding
PD Fund Notices
Submit faculty and staff PD Funds claims via email
COVID-19 temporary measure – effectively immediately and until further notice.
Professional development fund claims from staff and faculty are now being accepted by email. Do not submit the original paper claim by mail.
- For staff, please submit your PD claim to email@example.com
- For faculty, please submit your PDR claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take note of the following before submitting your claim:
- Email your completed claim form, receipts/backup documentation as one (1) combined PDF attachment.
- Provide only the first 4 digits of your employee ID on your claim form in order to protect your personal data and privacy.
- Include digital signatures on the claim form or a manager email of approval for your PD claim.
- Retain the original paper claim and receipts. These documents may be required later for UBC audit purposes and you must be able to provide the originals if requested.
In light of current events and cancellations, we ask that you make sure any upcoming activities/travel that you book are 100% refundable.
Further updates will be shared as available – stay tuned!
CUPE 2950 PD Fund: Funding pool exhausted for the 2019-20 fiscal year.
Please check the CUPE 2950 PD Fund webpage for further details.
M&P (AAPS) PD Fund: Funding pool exhausted the 2019-20 fiscal year.
Please check the M&P (AAPS) PD Fund webpage for further details.
The TRA PD PD Fund: Funding pool exhausted for the 2019-20 fiscal year.
Please check the TRA PD Fund webpage for further details.
The UBC Tuition Fee Waiver provides eligible UBC staff and faculty with tuition assistance for approved UBC undergraduate and graduate courses, as well as non-credit courses offered through UBC Extended Learning and approved Sauder School of Business Continuing Business Studies non-credit courses and certificate programs. Visit the Tuition Waivers page to view details for your employee group.