Virtual Health Fair & Online Assessments
Not able to attend the Travelling Health Fair? Visit our virtual health fair instead. Below you will find a variety of screenings, tools and resources to help you assess your current health status and make improvements towards a healthier self.
- Kidney Health Self-Assessment: An online self-assessment to find out if you should have your kidneys checked based on risk factors.
- Kidney Health Challenge & Calendar: Take the kidney health challenge by downloading a calendar with daily prevention tips.
- Guide to Protecting Kidney Health: Follow a simple six-step guide to protect the health of your kidneys.
- Blood Pressure Tracker: Track your BP daily, weekly, monthly.
- Canadian Diabetes Risk Questionnaire: Are you at risk of having pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes?
- Importance of Knowing your Numbers: Find out what constitutes healthy blood pressure readings, cholesterol levels and lifestyle habits.
- Pharmacists Clinic Check-Up: Visit the UBC Pharmacists clinic on the Point Grey Campus to check how all your drug therapies are working for you, review your medication and receive education and information related to your health.
- Smoking Risk Assessment (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Login and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Take a Heart and Stroke Risk Assessment: Confidential, online risk assessment from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Anxiety Disorders Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for anxiety.
- Daylio mood tracking app: Record and track your moods over time using colourful charts and calendars in this free app.
- Depression Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for depression.
- Mental Health Meter: Reflect on your unique strengths and identify areas where your level of mental fitness could be improved to help you cope with all of life’s up and downs.
- Mental Health Screening: This is a quick and anonymous way to find out if you should consider connecting with a family doctor or mental health professional.
- Mental Wellbeing Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for overall mental wellbeing.
- Risky Drinking Screening Test:The University of Victoria’s Centre for Addictions Research of BC provides an online Alcohol Reality Check.
- Stress and Depression Risk Assessments (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Log in and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Stress Strategies: A decision-making tool for building and action plan to help reduce and manage stress.
- What’s your Stress Index? The habits, attitudes and signs that can alert us to problems may be hard to recognize because they have become so familiar. Find your stress level right now by completing this test.
- Your Life at Work: Gain insight into how you’re managing stress levels, and coping with the demands at home and work. Receive a one-page report that can be actioned or shared with health professionals. (Globe and Mail and Howatt HR).
- Cancer Screening-It’s My Life: Stop cancer before it starts with the help of a screening tool from the Canadian Cancer Society.
- eShe Women’s Health Screening: Check your health and get started on a path to wellbeing. Anonymous and confidential.
- Healthy Weight Action Plan: Free, self-guided 12-week program to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Assessments (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Log in and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Everything you need to know about testing, risk factors and doctor recommendations according to Prostate Cancer Canada.
- Speak to a Dietitian, Nutritional counsellor or Naturopath for free through UBC’s EFAP: Call 1-800-387-4765
- Take the ‘Be Active’ Quiz
- Tips to help you move more: Move UBC
- You Check-Men’s Health Screening: All it takes is 10 minutes to see your next 10 years. Anonymous and confidential.
- Check-in with Your Lungs: Interactive lung health checklist from the Lung Foundation of Australia.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Quiz: Take this short interactive quiz to test your knowledge about COPD (emphysema and chronic bronchitis).
- Clean Air and Lung Health Quiz: Test your knowledge of the latest statistics on the impact of air quality on lung health (European Respiratory Society).
- Do you Have Asthma? Get the answers: A guide for diagnosis of asthma and asthma management.
- UBC’s EFAP Provider – Morneau Shepell’s Stop Smoking Centre Online Program.
- Assessing your Financial Situation: A 3 step process for discovering your net worth.
- Financial calculators: Assess and illustrate your savings, loans, RRSP’s and more.
- Test Yourself!: Take a series of financial quizzes to test your financial literacy.
Complementary & Holistic Medicine
Considering Complementary Medicine?
Clinics, organizations and practitioners that UBC Health and Wellbeing has used in the past include:
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine: Naturopathic education institution.
- EFAP Naturopathic Services Customized health and wellness information and materials on choices related to physiology, diet, lifestyle, and mental/emotional well- being, including illness prevention strategies.
- Integrative Healing Arts: Naturopathic, Chiropractic, Holistic Nutrition, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Sage Clinic: Naturopathic Medicine
- Thara Vayali: Naturopathic Doctor and Healthy UBC presenter.
Spiritual &Emotional Health
- What is Mindfulness? Understand how to use mindfulness in your life to assist with your personal wellbeing goals. Find out about upcoming training and support programs.
Health Resources on Your Smartphone
- 30 Days Challenge: Free app from the Heart and Stroke Foundation designed to provide information and support to reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Mindshift: A free app from Anxiety BC designed to help teens and young adults cope better with anxiety.
- My EAP app: UBC’s EFAP provider, Morneau Shepell has a mobile app with information, support and practical solutions for work, health and life.
- My Fitness Pal: A free app designed to make tracking calories and daily exercise easy!
- my Sun Life Mobile: Submit claims, check coverage and manage your workplace savings.
- Sworkit: Create personalized workouts based on interest, equipment, time and level. Includes custom videos to help support you in your goals.
- Waterlogged: A free app that helps you track your daily water intake and will even remind you to hydrate throughout the day with an alarm that sounds like running water.
Free Online Resources
If you like learning about your health on your own time, in your own way, then www.workhealthlife.com is for you. Find free access to articles, advice and learning opportunities through UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, Morneau Shepell.
Last updated: February 2019
- Fitting In Fitness
- Walking at UBC
- Health, Fitness & Family Discounts
- Virtual Health Fair & Online Assessments
- Staff & Faculty Sports Day
- Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge
- Travelling Health Fair
- CAMMPUS Cardiovascular Health Assessment Program
Phone: 1-800-661-7334 or 1-800-361-6212
Active Plan Group Number: 025205
Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number
Retirement & Survivor Benefits Plan Group Number: 020605
Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number
Call the Morneau Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.