Virtual Health Fair & Online Assessments
Not able to attend the Travelling Health Fair? Visit our virtual health fair instead. Below you will find over 20 different screenings, tools and resources to help you assess your current health status and make improvements towards a healthier self.
Spiritual & Emotional Health
Health Resources on Your Smartphone
Free Online Resources
- Take a Heart and Stroke Risk Assessment: Confidential, online risk assessment from the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Smoking Risk Assessment (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Lo gin and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Blood Pressure Tracker: Track your BP daily, weekly, monthly; learn how to manage medications and receive appointment reminders.
- Canadian Diabetes Risk Questionnaire: Are you at risk of having pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes?
- Importance of Knowing your Numbers: Find out what constitutes healthy blood pressure readings, cholesterol levels and lifestyle habits.
- Pharmacists Clinic Check-Up: Visit the UBC Pharmacists clinic on the Point Grey Campus to check how all your drug therapies are working for you, review your medication and receive education and information related to your health.
- Mental Health Meter: Reflect on your unique strengths and identify areas where your level of mental fitness could be improved to help you cope with all of life’s up and downs.
- What’s your Stress Index? The habits, attitudes and signs that can alert us to problems may be hard to recognize because they have become so familiar. Find your stress level right now by completing this test.
- Stress Strategies: A decision-making tool for building and action plan to help reduce and manage stress.
- Mental Wellbeing Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for overall mental wellbeing.
- Your Mental Health Checkup: This confidential questionnaire screens for potential addictions, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, various types of depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Mental Health Screening: This is a quick and anonymous way to find out if you should consider connecting with a family doctor or mental health professional.
- Mood FX: UBC’s eHealth Strategy Office and the Mood Disorders Centre offer an interactive app designed to help people with depression and low mood feel better through symptom screenings and tracking, appointment logs, mood monitoring and resource links.
- Depression Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for depression.
- Anxiety Disorders Screening Test: BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions offers an anonymous online screening for anxiety.
- Risky Drinking Screening Test:The University of Victoria’s Centre for Addictions Research of BC provides an online Alcohol Reality Check.
- Stress and Depression Risk Assessments (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Log in and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Healthy Weight Action Plan: Free and easy 12-week program to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Prostate Cancer Screening: Everything you need to know about testing, risk factors and doctor recommendations according to Prostate Cancer Canada.
- You Check-Men’s Health Screening: All it takes is 10 minutes to see your next 10 years. Anonymous and confidential.
- Cancer Screening-It’s My Life: Stop cancer before it starts with the help of a screening tool from the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Assessments (Sunlife): You must have a ‘mysunlife’ account. Log in and click on the ‘Wellness Centre’.
- Take the ‘Be Active’ Quiz
- Tips to get active: Participaction
- Speak to a Dietitian, Nutritional counsellor or Naturopath for free through UBC’s EFAP: Call 1-800-387-4765
- Check-in with Your Lungs: Interactive lung health checklist from the Lung Foundation of Australia.
- Clean Air and Lung Health Quiz: Test your knowledge of the latest statistics on the impact of air quality on lung health (European Respiratory Society).
- Do you Have Asthma? Get the answers: A guide for diagnosis of asthma and asthma management.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Quiz: Take this short interactive quiz to test your knowledge about COPD (emphysema and chronic bronchitis).
- UBC’s EFAP Provider – Shepell’s Stop Smoking Centre Online Program
- Financial calculators: Assess and illustrate your savings, loans, RRSP’s and more
- Assessing your Financial Situation: A 3 step process for discovering your net worth
- Test Yourself!: Take a series of financial quizzes to test your financial literacy
Complementary &Holistic Medicine
Considering Complementary Medicine?
Clinics, organizations and practitioners that UBC Health and Wellbeing has used in the past include:
- Sage Clinic: Naturopathic Medicine
- Thara Vayali: Naturopathic Doctor and Healthy UBC presenter.
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine: Naturopathic education institution.
- Integrative Healing Arts: Naturopathic, Chiropractic, Holistic Nutrition, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- EFAP Naturopathic Services Customized health and wellness information and materials on choices related to physiology, diet, lifestyle, and mental/emotional well- being, including illness prevention strategies.
Spiritual &Emotional Health
- What is Mindfulness? Understand how to use mindfulness in your life to assist with your personal wellbeing goals. Find out about upcoming training and support programs.
Health Resources on Your Smartphone
- 30 Days Challenge: Free app from the Heart and Stroke Foundation designed to provide information and support to reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Waterlogged: A free app that helps you track your daily water intake and will even remind you to hydrate throughout the day with an alarm that sounds like running water.
- Mindshift: A free app from Anxiety BC designed to help teens and young adults cope better with anxiety.
- Sworkit: Create personalized workouts based on interest, equipment, time and level. Includes custom videos to help support you in your goals.
- My Fitness Pal: A free app designed to make tracking calories and daily exercise easy!
- My EAP app: UBC’s EFAP provider, Shepell has a mobile app with information, support and practical solutions for work, health and life.
Free Online Resources
If you like learning about your health on your own time, in your own way, then www.workhealthlife.com is for you. Find free access to articles, advice and learning opportunities through UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, Shepell.
- Fitting In Fitness
- Walking at UBC
- Health, Fitness & Family Discounts
- Virtual Health Fair & Online Assessments
- Staff & Faculty Sports Day
- Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge
- Travelling Health Fair
- CAMMPUS Cardiovascular Health Assessment Program
Call the Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.