Eating well is as important to your overall health as taking the time to be physically active and engage in activities that support your mental wellbeing.
Eating the daily recommended amount and types of food will help you:
- meet your needs for vitamins, minerals and other nutrients,
- reduce your risk of developing obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, certain types of cancer and osteoporosis and
- contribute to your overall health and vitality.
Healthy eating tips and recipes
Start with the Healthy UBC Recipe Series to find tasty recipes that are healthy and nutritious. There are many external resources to explore, including:
- Cookspiration app
- Make-ahead food preparation tips
- On a Budget
- Grocery Shopping
- New and Tasty Recipes
UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program provider offers programs and resources to help you meet your healthy eating goals. These include:
- Nutritional Information: Food and nutrition tips, information, recipes, articles; and much more. Learn more about food and nutrition.
- Nutrition Support: Connect with one of Shepell’s Registered Dietitians for advice.
- Health Coaching: Shepell’s Health Coaches are Registered Nurses and Occupational Health Nurses who offer practical, personalized support for physical health issues. Learn more about Shepell’s Health Coaching
Call the Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.