Search Inside Yourself Training Program
In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR has secured special, one-time funds to subsidize the costs associated with offering a unique professional development opportunity to UBC Vancouver faculty and staff.
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a unique training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing. In times of rapid change, the SIY program can help participants build resilience, become adaptive and learn to thrive.
What the program offers:
- An overview of the neuroscience supporting emotion and mindfulness
- Exercises to focus attention and develop self-awareness (the foundation for emotional intelligence, self-mastery, and leadership)
- Specific workplace applications to help you thrive and achieve greater emotional balance and focus
- Increase self-awareness and self-regulation
- Gain practical takeaway skills, such as mindfulness, journaling, techniques for self-awareness and self-regulation
- Learn to communicate with insight and awareness of others’ emotions and perspectives
Date: January 15 and 16, 2018
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Liu Institute, Point Grey Campus
Cost: $50 (eligible for Professional Development funding reimbursement)
- 2-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by two SIY-certified instructors (January 15 and 16, 2018)
- 4 weeks of follow-up exercises and content delivered by email, as well as conversations with participants from your cohort (approx. mid-January to mid-February)
- 1-hour debrief session via webinar to reunite instructors and cohort and integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (February 19, 2018)
- Lunch on both days of in-person training
- Copies of the Search Inside Yourself book
- Hardbound journals for each participant
Who can register:
- Open to all staff and faculty at UBC Vancouver
- Spots are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Register now!
The deadline to register is January 5, 2018.
- UBC faculty and staff: Click here to register
For more information:
Extended Health/Dental number
Active Benefits: 025205
Retiree Benefits (RSB): 020605
Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number
Visit the Sun Life Member Website or call Sun Life at 1-800-661-7334 or 1-800-361-6212.
Call the Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.