Resources for Mental Wellbeing
Take advantage of these accessible resources:
- Immediate support with a counsellor 24/7 by calling 1.800.387.4765
- In-person support in a face-to-face session with a counsellor
- First Chat support via your mobile device
- Video support via secure webcam counselling session
- Online programs and self-help resources at workhealthlife.com
- Phone sessions with a counsellor or health professional
- Online group counselling through online chat for support with anxiety
- Health and wellbeing resource packages sent directly to your home or email
Support is available for many work, health or life challenges such as:
- Stress and time management
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationships, separation and divorce
- Family support services
- Nutrition and Naturopathy
- Physical health and Health Coaching
- Smoking cessation
- Career and workplace
- Legal, financial, debt and credit
Additional men’s health & wellbeing resources:
- Men’s Health Research at UBC: A suite of programs, projects and resources to promote men’s mental and physical health.
- HeadsUpGuys: Information and health strategies for managing and preventing depression.
- Take a self-check through HeadsUpGuys
- Learn what you can do to support of someone with depression
- Check out five myths that prevent men from fighting depression
- Mental health initiatives and programs for UBC staff and faculty
Questions? Contact Melissa Lafrance, Health and Wellbeing Associate, at email@example.com.
- Resources for Mental Wellbeing
- Stress Coach Connects – Online Stress Management Program
- Addiction Support Services
- Elder Care Resources
Extended Health/Dental number
Active Benefits: 025205
Retiree Benefits (RSB): 020605
Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number
Visit the Sun Life Member Website or call Sun Life at 1-800-661-7334 or 1-800-361-6212.
Call the Shepell Care Access Centre at 1-800-387-4765 to chat with a counsellor.