For general questions about Health, Wellbeing or Benefits, please call the HR Service Centre at 604-822-8111 (2-8111) at the Vancouver campus between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, or email

If you have specific questions, please expand the headings below to identify the person or organization best able to help you:

UBC contacts


For questions related to the status and processing of your benefits enrolment forms (including change forms), continuation of your benefits during a leave of absence, enrolling or re-enrolling in UBC group benefits, adding or removing dependents and Tuition Waiver applications.

Benefits Forms Processing

Vancouver Campus

  • If your last name begins with the letters A – Z, contact Sonia Bravo: or 604-827-1738.
Okanagan Campus

Continuation of benefits during a leave of absence and Tuition Waiver applications

Both Campuses

  • If your last name starts with a letter from A-L, contact Dirceu Campos at 604-822-9290 or
  • If your last name starts with a letter from M-Z, contact Wentworth Iwasiuk at 604-822-8979 or


For questions about your UBC benefits, including eligibility, what’s covered, how to make claims and the Retirement and Survivor Benefits Program.

Both Campuses

  • Florence Lum, Benefits Associate: or 604 822-8988 for active UBC benefits
  • Rohini Grover, Retirement & Survivor Benefits Administrator: or 604-822-4580 for the Retirement and Survivor Benefits Program

Workplace Health and Wellbeing

For questions about health and wellbeing initiatives available to you, occupational health, ergonomics, long-term disability claims process, return to work program, and WorkSafeBC claims.


Vancouver Campus

Return to Work/Remain at Work

Income Replacement Plan/Disability Benefit Plan

WorkSafeBC Claims

Occupational Health

  • Amelia Douglas, Program Coordinator, Occupational & Preventive Health: or 604-827-4713


Health Promotion

Okanagan Campus

Work Re-Integration and Accommodation Program

Income Replacement Plan/Disability Benefit Plan

WorkSafeBC Claims

Professional Development & Learning

For questions about professional development funds and learning opportunities available to you.

Staff Professional Development (PD Funds) Funds

  • Susanna Mulligan, Staff Professional Development Funds Manager: or 604-822-9273 (excluding BCGEU Okanagan employee group)
  • Cathy Faulconer, Workplace Learning Associate – Staff PD Funds: or 604-822-6314
  • Lisa Frost, Organization Development & Learning Consultant – BCGEU Okanagan Support Staff Professional Development Fund: or 250-807-9021

Faculty Professional Development Reimbursement (PDR)

  • Policy Administration Advice: Nicole Hyatt, Faculty Relations Manager: or 604-822-2125
  • PDR Balance Inquiries and Claim Status: Tina Lu, Workplace Learning Associate – Faculty PDR Funds: or 604-822-2044

Mailing addresses

Human Resources

Vancouver Campus

Human Resources
TEF III Building
600 – 6190 Agronomy Road
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3

Okanagan Campus
Human Resources
Administration Building
Room 002 – 3333 University Way
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7

Benefits Enrolment/Change Forms

Complete and send your forms to the Payroll Services office at your campus. Employees at hospital sites, the Forestry Centre, the Dairy Centre, and the Island, Northern and Fraser Valley medical programs can send their forms to the Vancouver campus. Employees at the Southern Medical Program can send their forms to the Okanagan campus.

Vancouver Campus
Attention: Payroll
UBC Financial Operations
500 – TEF III Building
6190 Agronomy Road
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
Phone: 604-822-2187

Okanagan Campus
Attention: Payroll
UBC Finance Operations and Strategies
2171 EME – 1137 Alumni Avenue
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7

Full Staff Directory

Provider contacts

Due to privacy, the UBC Benefits Team may ask that you speak directly to the organization that provides a specific benefit.

Sun Life

For specific questions about your Extended Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability or Retirement & Survivor benefit plans, such as the status of your claim, questions about reimbursement and setting up access to If you are leaving UBC, Sun Life can answer questions about converting your life insurance to an individual policy.

1-800-661-7334 or 1-800-361-6212 or

You will need to provide Sun Life with your Group Number.

Extended Health and Dental

Group Number is 025205

Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number

Long-Term Disability

Group Number is 100328 (if you are staff) and 100768 (if you are faculty)

Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number

Life Insurance

For life insurance conversions, contact Sun Life directly at 1-877-893-9893.

Retirement & Survivor Benefits

Group Number is 020605

Member ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID number

Allianz Global Assistance (Sun Life’s Travel Benefits provider)

For specific questions about your travel benefits coverage. Allianz Global Assistance is your first point of contact if you are experiencing a medical emergency outside British Columbia.

In the USA and Canada, call: 1-800-511-4610
In Mexico, call: 001-800-368-7878
Elsewhere, call: * 202-296-7493 (call collect if available)
Fax: * 202-331-1528
Send a message:
*Add the long distance code to contact the USA.

Morneau Shepell

For questions about the Employee & Family Assistance Program.
1-800-387-4765 or