Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find detailed information regarding my Sun Life extended health and dental benefits?

Where can I find the Sun Life extended health claim forms?

I lost my Sun Life pay-direct card. How do I find my benefits information?

  • First, note your RSB policy number (020605) and Sun Life Member ID (your 7-digit UBC employee ID OR 9-digit Social Insurance Number.)
  • Next, use your policy and member ID details to sign in the Sun Life website, where you can access your benefits information and download your new card.
  • You can also check your RSB enrolment confirmation letter for benefits information.
  • Contact Julia Carandang to obtain a new card.

Why was my extended health/dental claim denied?

  • UBC does not have access to your personal medical/dental usage and claim history. You will need to contact Sun Life directly at 1-800-661-7334 or at 1-800-361-6212.

I tried to submit a claim using policy number 025205, which is what I used as an employee in UBC, but I have been informed that my benefits have been terminated. What do I do?

  • Check that your policy number is 020605. Your Sun Life Member ID will be the same as when you were an active employee.
  • Refer to your RSB confirmation letter for a details related to your benefits.
  • Inform your medical providers of the changes to your benefits information.