Caring for Your Temp
Eight Temporary Employee Hints
The following eight helpful hints will help your department reap the greatest benefits from your Staff Finders temporary employee:
- Introduce the Staff Finders employee to their co-workers and supervisors by name.
- Let them know when breaks are to be taken.
- Show them where the washrooms and lunch rooms are located.
- Clearly advise them about departmental policy on Internet, personal phone call and email use.
- Ensure that they have the proper tools and work area to do what’s expected of them.
- Orient them to your needs and expectations – let the employee know what your department’s standards are regarding the quantity and quality of work you expect.
- Give Feedback. Advise them when your expectations are not being met and especially when they are being exceeded.
- Review employee timesheets. In order to meet UBC payroll deadlines, Staff Finders employees are sometimes required to submit their timesheets to Staff Finders two days in advance of the end of the pay period. Please take the time to review the timesheets for accuracy of the speed chart and calculations. Adjustments can be made to timesheets after they have been submitted if there is an illness or absence.
We strongly recommend that you keep a copy of the timesheets for your records.
Illness or Absence
Although Staff Finders employees are required to notify the Staff Finders office in case of illness or absence, we recommend that departments call the Staff Finders Placement Coordinator at 604.822.8107 to confirm an employee’s absence.