Ensure Your Timesheet is Submitted by the Due Date
Your timesheet generates your paycheque. It is your responsibility to ensure that it is correctly completed and submitted by no later than noon on the Due Date.
Please complete your timesheets and submit them to Staff Finders by following the instructions on this page. Complete only the yellow-shaded areas on your timesheet. View detailed instructions.
Please do not fax a cover-sheet with your timesheet.
- February 1-15 (PDF)
- February 16-28 (PDF)
- March 1-15 (PDF)
- March 16-31 (PDF)
Enter the following:
- Your first and last name.
- Your employee ID number. You can find this on your employment confirmation letter or through SelfServe.
- Your position. e.g. Admin Support 3 – B. This is communicated to you by the Placement Coordinator and included in the work order that was e-mailed to you.
- Job code. This will be filled in automatically if you are using the web timesheet. See the links at right for Job Codes and Wage Rates.
- Daily hours actually worked in table A.
- Daily overtime hours worked in table A.
- Total regular hours worked in Table B. This will be filled automatically if you are using the web timesheet.
- Total regular and overtime hours worked in Table C. This will be auto filled if you are using the web timesheet.
- Enter any dates for absences or hours not worked such as sick days, medical appointments, vacation, or orientation, etc in Table D.
Enter the following:
- Your hourly rate. You can find this in the work order that was e-mailed to you. You can also access rates at the links on the right for Job Codes and Wage Rates.
- Total Amount – We use your timesheet as an invoice, so we use this section to include a margin charge to the departments to cover our costs – it is not the amount that is payable to you. It is the hours that you actually worked multiplied by your hourly rate and multiplied by Staff Finders margin. This will be auto filled if you are using the web timesheets.
- Speed Chart – This is the account number that is used to invoice departments. This is communicated to you by the Placement Coordinator and is available on the work order that was e-mailed to you.
- Department Name and Signatory’s name.
- Department responsible person’s signature.
Submitting Your Timesheet
- Do not complete Section 3 of your timesheet – It is for internal Staff Finders use.
- Do not fill in statutory holiday days. Staff Finders will calculate your eligibility and pay you accordingly.
- Have the form signed by the department’s responsible person or the grant holder. Keep a copy for your records and ensure the department keeps a copy for their records. If the above person is not available to sign your timesheet, submit it to us by the due date and attach a note that the signed copy will follow. Resubmit a signed copy when the signatory becomes available.
- Remember that only those who have signing authority on that speed chart can sign your timesheet.
- Fax the signed timesheet to Staff Finders at 604.822.6800 or e-mail email@example.com , no later than noon on the due date. Please do not fax coversheets with your timesheets.
Each timesheet is to be for one position, one pay period and one account number only.
Overtime is not generally worked by temporary employees. If you are asked to work over 7 hours in one day, or over 35 hours per week, please contact Staff Finders for explanation of the procedures.
Check the cut-off dates for the 2014 timesheet due dates, pay days and Statutory Holidays to ensure your timesheet is submitted on time. As a courtesy, we send out email reminders a day before the due dates.
Staff Finders must receive timesheets by noon of the due date to meet Payroll deadline. Once it is signed, please fax it to our office at 604.822.6800 before noon on the due date.The only exception is absence due to illness. If ill, please contact Staff Finders to make the necessary arrangements. Alternatively you can e-mail it to Administration. Keep the original timesheet for your records. Ensure that the department keeps a copy for their records also.
If your supervisor is not available for signature, fax an unsigned copy to avoid late payment to you and fax/email it again when it is signed. It is important for us to have a departmental signature for billing purposes.
If you are concerned about the fax transmission, please request a transaction report from your fax machine instead of calling Staff Finders for confirmation. We would like to reduce the volume of calls and interruptions during the processing of timesheets.
Pick up your mail from our office in Room 207 in GSAB.
Vacation pay is paid out on each cheque. Please check your paycheque and if there are any discrepancies, advise Administration by email.