Retiring from your position at UBC doesn’t mean you have to retire from campus life altogether. We encourage you to stay connected by checking out the various activities that you can access at UBC free of charge or by donation. See below for the many privileges offered to UBC retirees.
As a retiree, you are entitled to a library card. Emeriti and retired staff can obtain a UBC library card online. Note that retired staff do not have remote access to e-Resources.
Please visit the UBC Parking website to learn about Faculty Emeritus permits.
UBC Tours and Walking Maps (free of charge)
Sustainability UBC (Vancouver):
- Self-guided walking tour with downloadable guide
- Green building guided tours with various options and durations
Visit UBC Sustainability for maps and booking info.
30-minute UBC Walks (Vancouver):
- Five walking trails: Main Mall, Sword Fern, Thunderbird, Tower Beach and Wreck Beach
Visit Walking at UBC to download maps and learn more about walking trails and options.
Sustainability Office (Okanagan):
- Guided or self-guided sustainability walking tours
Visit the UBC Okanagan Sustainability Office to request a tour or download a map.
Campus Health (Okanagan):
- Various trails and walks that highlight the natural and built environment
Visit UBC Okanagan Campus Health for more info.
Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery (free admission)
- Experience one of the largest public art collections in BC with more than 4,500 contemporary artworks.
Visit the Belkin Art Gallery to learn more.
Pacific Museum of Earth (admission by donation)
- Learn about earth’s evolution through geological exhibits and interactive displays.
- Can’t make it to campus? Take a virtual tour.
Visit the Pacific Museum of Earth for more info.