English Skills Training Funding Program
The English Skills Training professional development fund is in place to support UBC staff who want to:
- improve confidence and develop basic proficiency in speaking and listening.
- upgrade their language skills to support their full participation in the workplace.
- gain better writing and communication skills to help the achievement of personal and career goals.
All staff are eligible to apply for up to $500 in funding reimbursements each UBC fiscal year, April 1-March 31.
Individual funding applications are approved on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of budgeted funds.
How to Apply
- identify the program that will support your English skills training. The provider must be a recognized English Skills training provider (for e.g., UBC English Language Institute, Vancouver Community College, Douglas College, etc.).
- complete the application form (.docx)
- obtain an authorization signature from your manager/supervisor.
- pay the program fee, or arrange to have your department pay on your behalf.
- submit your application form and attach original receipts/supporting documentation **
Download the application form (.docx)
Applications and receipts should be sent to:
Winnie Kam, Learning Program Coordinator
Human Resources, GSAB
350-2075 Wesbrook Mall