Training Fund for English Skills
The Basic English Skills Training Fund is in place to support UBC staff wanting to develop basic proficiency in speaking, listening and writing English so as to facilitate their full participation in the workplace.
All staff are eligible to apply for up to $500 in funding reimbursements each UBC fiscal year, April 1-March 31.
Individual funding applications are approved on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of budgeted funds.
How to Apply
- identify the program that will support your basic English skills training. The provider must be a recognized English Skills training provider (e.g. UBC English Language Institute, UBC Continuing Studies, Douglas College, etc.)
- complete the application form (DOCX)
- obtain an authorization signature from your manager/supervisor
- forward your application form to the MOST registration desk email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the start date of your learning activity
- once you receive an email notification of funding approval (typically 5-10 business days), please pay upfront for the program fee, or arrange to have your department pay on your behalf
- submit your application form and attach original receipts/supporting documentation**
Download Application Form (DOCX)
Applications and receipts should be sent to:
Winnie Kam, Learning Program Coordinator
Human Resources, GSAB
350-2075 Wesbrook Mall