- Position Management Loopholes
- Ex-employees Needing CWL
- New Account Code for 12 Month Lecturers
- Equity Survey
- Change to eRecruit Postings
- Ensuring Service Availability before, between and after appointments
By Robert Boudreau on July 26, 2013
- Important Workflow Enhancement: Primary Approver Errors
- Important Workflow Enhancement: Approver Confirmation Page
- Query Favorites
- New Signing Authority Queries in HRMS
- Correcting FMS Signing Authority Errors
Currently, a transaction is prevented from being submitted if:
- A primary approver is an initiator.
- A primary approver has other errors (position vacancy, lack of HRMS access, etc.).
These edits have been relaxed in eRecruit Offer and ePAF:
- As long as all approval steps have at least one valid approver (primary or secondary), workflow will allow a transaction to proceed.
- Previous error messages for primary approvers will now appear as warnings.
- All approval steps must be approved by someone other than the initiator. If an initiator attempts to approve a transaction they will get an error message.
- This enhancement has been implemented in eRecruit Offers and ePAF only.
- Do not normally get email notifications.
- If you need them to do an approval, please contact them.
- Transactions will be available in their worklist even though they receive no automatic email notification.
Please remember to correct issues with your primary approvers so future transactions move through workflow smoothly.
- Currently (for signing authority approval steps only), just primary approvers are listed.
- Now, both primary and secondary approvers are listed.
- This is consistent with the information provided for other approval steps.
Previously, it was possible to store Query favorites in the ‘HRMS Reporting’ database. This feature was accidently removed last year. It has now been restored.
A new HRMS Query “402_PG_SIGN_AUTHS” is now available:
- This Query identifies FMS signing authorities with:
- an incorrect position number
- HRMS access but no approver access
- no HRMS access at all
- no active appointments (e.g. terminated, retired or on full or partial leave)
- A person will appear on the report more than once if they are a signing authority on more than one P/G.
- This report may list P/Gs that are not yours when a signing authority works in multiple departments. Please ignore these.
If you discover problems with the new Queries, please email email@example.com.
- We encourage you to run the new Queries regularly and communicate corrections to the FMS Web Security Admin person assigned to your department.
- If you have no such person assigned, or are an Okanagan campus department, please contact the central Finance department for corrections.
- The list of FMS Web Security Admin people can be found here (indexed by FMS deptid): http://finance_ginseng.finance.ubc.ca/securityadministrator_toProduction.cfm
- Although correcting all types of workflow errors is important, please clean up errors on PRIMARY approvers as soon as possible.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.