By Robert Boudreau on June 11, 2018
New Student Worklearn Report
Several Query reports include information on student employees, but none specifically devoted to tracking hours and pay for Worklearn projects. A new Query report has been created (611_WORKLEARN) that hopefully does this.
When running the Query, you’ll be prompted to enter the start and end date of the session you’re interested in tracking. For example, May to August of 2018. For the time frame requested, the pay detail of each employee is listed, along with total hours and pay for each individual employee. If Project # and Project Max Hours were recorded on a student’s hire record, you will also see this information.
You can continue to re-run the Query (using the same session dates) after the session is over to pick up any payments processed after session completion.
This was a difficult report to transition to the Query reporting tool. If you see any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please contact Robert Boudreau.
By Robert Boudreau on December 14, 2016
Training records imported into HRMS
UBC Faculty & Staff (including student employees) are expected to participate in training across a number of topics. Many of these courses are mandatory.
To make tracking easier, effective immediately Bullying and Harassment Prevention and Privacy & Information Security – Fundamentals training records are now being imported into HRMS. This includes newly taken training and a one-time catch up of historical records for these two courses.
This means there is no longer a requirement to track employee completion in spreadsheets. However, we recommend (for Bullying and Harassment Prevention in particular) that you cross check your records against what is now in HRMS to ensure all records were imported successfully.
How are training records accessed in HRMS?
- Run HRMS Query 910_TRAINING_SNAPSHOT to track training completion for both courses.
- Access training records on-line: Workforce Development > Competency Management > Track Person Competencies > Education
Faculty and Staff:
- Training information is available in HRMS Self Service via the ‘Course History’ hyperlink in the ‘myPD and Learning section’.
Why would training records be missing?
This may be a temporary problem as it may take up to two days for records to transfer from the training systems into HRMS.
We may never get the records:
- Successful importation of training records relies heavily on HRMS identifying the employee ID of the person taking the training.
- When signing up for training a trainee may have used a CWL account not associated with their employee ID, or used an email address that we could not translate to an employee ID.
- This will result in missing training records. See next bullet on how to correct this.
What to do if an administrator or an employee spots missing training records?
Only an HRMS administrator can add missing training records.
With proof of completion, an administrator can manually add missing training records online in HRMS via screen:
- Workforce Development > Competency Management > Track Person Competencies > Education.
- The course code for Bullying and Harassment Prevention is BULHAR and for Privacy & Information Security – Fundamentals is PRSECF.
As mentioned above, always wait at least two days in the event records are late in transferring.
Who do you contact for more information?
- For Bullying and Harassment Prevention, please visit the website or contact email@example.com
- For Privacy Matters, please visit the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the new HRMS training report or the import of training records into HRMS, please contact email@example.com
By Robert Boudreau on July 26, 2013
- Important Workflow Enhancement: Primary Approver Errors
- Important Workflow Enhancement: Approver Confirmation Page
- Query Favorites
- New Signing Authority Queries in HRMS
- Correcting FMS Signing Authority Errors
Currently, a transaction is prevented from being submitted if:
- A primary approver is an initiator.
- A primary approver has other errors (position vacancy, lack of HRMS access, etc.).
These edits have been relaxed in eRecruit Offer and ePAF:
- As long as all approval steps have at least one valid approver (primary or secondary), workflow will allow a transaction to proceed.
- Previous error messages for primary approvers will now appear as warnings.
- All approval steps must be approved by someone other than the initiator. If an initiator attempts to approve a transaction they will get an error message.
- This enhancement has been implemented in eRecruit Offers and ePAF only.
- Do not normally get email notifications.
- If you need them to do an approval, please contact them.
- Transactions will be available in their worklist even though they receive no automatic email notification.
Please remember to correct issues with your primary approvers so future transactions move through workflow smoothly.
- Currently (for signing authority approval steps only), just primary approvers are listed.
- Now, both primary and secondary approvers are listed.
- This is consistent with the information provided for other approval steps.
Previously, it was possible to store Query favorites in the ‘HRMS Reporting’ database. This feature was accidently removed last year. It has now been restored.
A new HRMS Query “402_PG_SIGN_AUTHS” is now available:
- This Query identifies FMS signing authorities with:
- an incorrect position number
- HRMS access but no approver access
- no HRMS access at all
- no active appointments (e.g. terminated, retired or on full or partial leave)
- A person will appear on the report more than once if they are a signing authority on more than one P/G.
- This report may list P/Gs that are not yours when a signing authority works in multiple departments. Please ignore these.
If you discover problems with the new Queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We encourage you to run the new Queries regularly and communicate corrections to the FMS Web Security Admin person assigned to your department.
- If you have no such person assigned, or are an Okanagan campus department, please contact the central Finance department for corrections.
- The list of FMS Web Security Admin people can be found here (indexed by FMS deptid): http://finance_ginseng.finance.ubc.ca/securityadministrator_toProduction.cfm
- Although correcting all types of workflow errors is important, please clean up errors on PRIMARY approvers as soon as possible.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.