Note: If you have existing workflow rules that need to be changed, see the quick help guide for Changing Workflow Approval Rules.
To have your department specific rules entered into the system, you need to complete the following forms:
- Workflow Rules Authorization Form. This form must be authorized by the person who is responsible for the workflow approval processes in your department.
- Workflow Rules Setup Spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is a blank template where you can specify details regarding your workflow approval rules.
To set up initial workflow rules:
- Complete and scan the Workflow Rules Authorization Form.
- On the header of the Workflow Rules Spreadsheet, enter the following:
- Department ID (4 characters)
- Department name
- Your name
- Your phone number
Note: To see examples of workflow approval rules, click the Example tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- For each HRMS module, complete the appropriate steps by specifying the Name of the approver, Position Number, and whether e-mail notification is required (leave any non-required steps blank).
Note: The FMS signing authority is set up in FMS by your FMIS Web Security Administrator:
- In the Vancouver campus, see the FMIS Web Security Administrator List.
- In the Okanagan campus, contact Central Finance.
- Save the spreadsheet.
- Send your completed Excel spreadsheet and scanned Workflow Rules Authorization Form to HRMS.Support@ubc.ca.