HRMS is one of several major UBC business systems and is the primary source of information for UBC faculty, staff and student employees for purposes of:
- HR / salary administration
- benefits enrolment and administration
HRMS is primarily used by faculty and departmental administrators for two purposes:
- to view the employment history of individual faculty, staff and student employees
- to produce reports and extract data
The HRMS system uses software from Oracle / PeopleSoft and is managed jointly by Human Resources and UBC Finance.
How to Generate HRMS Reports & Data Extracts
The HRMS system has over 100 standard reports that can be generated at any time. To obtain a complete list of HRMS queries, please run the HRMS Query “000_MASTER_QUERY_LIST” from the HRMS Reporting database. All of the reports can be easily downloaded into Excel. Refer to Chapter 8 of the HRMS Navigation and Inquiry Guide (PDF) for instructions on how to generate reports.
If the information you want is not available in any of the standard reports, custom reports can be created for you. Please contact Tomoko Kimura at 604.822.2241 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this service.
How to Apply for HRMS Access
- ensure your web browser is compatible with the HRMS application
- apply for a CWL (Campus Wide Login), which will give you access to the myUBC portal
- complete an HRMS Access Request Form (Word), and type in the requested information
- print, sign and send the completed form to Human Resources or email to HRMS.Security@ubc.ca
- once your application is processed, you will need to configure the portal to make the HRMS application available; refer to Chapter 1 in the HRMS Navigation and Inquiry Guide (PDF) for instructions
How to Cancel HRMS Access
Access to HRMS must be cancelled when an employee:
- moves to another faculty or department
- terminates employment
- goes on a leave of absence longer than 2 months
It is extremely important that this happen as quickly as possible.
To delete access:
- complete an HRMS Access Request Form
- provide the employee’s CWL ID and check “Delete Access” in the upper right corner of the form
- sign the form and send to Human Resources or email to HRMS.Security@ubc.ca