By Robert Boudreau on November 21, 2017
The Management Systems Portal will be down Nov. 25-26.
What is happening?
The Management Systems Portal (MSP) will undergo an upgrade the weekend of Nov. 25 – 26, 2017. MSP will be unavailable this entire weekend.
Why is this happening?
This upgrade modernizes underlying MSP technology.
Although there will be no change to MSP functionality, you will notice minor cosmetic changes to MSP screens. The upgrade only affects MSP screens (MSP logon screen, tabs used to access applications and reporting tools, etc.). It will not affect the applications themselves (HRMS, FMS, Hyperion, etc.). You will see no changes to application systems.
When will MSP be unavailable?
MSP will go offline Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. and be back up no later than Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017, at 6:00 p.m..
What applications are affected?
Although applications themselves are not being taken down, you will lose access to them because of MSP being down. This includes:
- Self Service applications
- eRecruit for internal applicants
- FMS Live including OPT
- FMS nQuery when accessed via MSP
- HRMS Live
- SERA, SeOT
- Hyperion reporting functionality
- Month-End, Tri-Council, Endowment, Over and Under, HSBC Cheque Images, Online Cash Receipts
What applications are not affected?
Any applications not accessed via MSP logon will continue to be available. This includes:
- Access to job postings for external applicants.
What about job postings open that weekend?
Postings will not be automatically extended. If you want a specific posting extended, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Robert Boudreau on December 14, 2016
Training records imported into HRMS
UBC Faculty & Staff (including student employees) are expected to participate in training across a number of topics. Many of these courses are mandatory.
To make tracking easier, effective immediately Bullying and Harassment Prevention and Privacy & Information Security – Fundamentals training records are now being imported into HRMS. This includes newly taken training and a one-time catch up of historical records for these two courses.
This means there is no longer a requirement to track employee completion in spreadsheets. However, we recommend (for Bullying and Harassment Prevention in particular) that you cross check your records against what is now in HRMS to ensure all records were imported successfully.
How are training records accessed in HRMS?
- Run HRMS Query 910_TRAINING_SNAPSHOT to track training completion for both courses.
- Access training records on-line: Workforce Development > Competency Management > Track Person Competencies > Education
Faculty and Staff:
- Training information is available in HRMS Self Service via the ‘Course History’ hyperlink in the ‘myPD and Learning section’.
Why would training records be missing?
This may be a temporary problem as it may take up to two days for records to transfer from the training systems into HRMS.
We may never get the records:
- Successful importation of training records relies heavily on HRMS identifying the employee ID of the person taking the training.
- When signing up for training a trainee may have used a CWL account not associated with their employee ID, or used an email address that we could not translate to an employee ID.
- This will result in missing training records. See next bullet on how to correct this.
What to do if an administrator or an employee spots missing training records?
Only an HRMS administrator can add missing training records.
With proof of completion, an administrator can manually add missing training records online in HRMS via screen:
- Workforce Development > Competency Management > Track Person Competencies > Education.
- The course code for Bullying and Harassment Prevention is BULHAR and for Privacy & Information Security – Fundamentals is PRSECF.
As mentioned above, always wait at least two days in the event records are late in transferring.
Who do you contact for more information?
- For Bullying and Harassment Prevention, please visit the website or contact email@example.com
- For Privacy Matters, please visit the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the new HRMS training report or the import of training records into HRMS, please contact email@example.com