- Recent HRMS outage
- Benefits Budgets in Position Management
- Display issue when large number of job openings
Recent HRMS Outage
The HRMS system is fully back on line and we are not hearing of any continuing issues. Job postings active during the outage period were automatically extended two days.
If there are any lingering issues that might be attributable to the outage, please contact Robert Boudreau at 2-8142 or at email@example.com.
Benefits Budgets in Position Management
In Position Management, a benefits budget percent is defaulted into each position and is used by Hyperion to calculate benefits commitments (this percent can also be manually overridden by the user for each position).
The default rates had not been updated since 2010.
We are happy to report that the Benefit Percent field has been mass-updated in Position Management to reflect new benefit rates. The new rates reflect the current cost of benefits and the Employer Health Tax implemented Jan. 1, 2019, by the BC Government.
Note: We did not update the Benefits Percent if it was previously manually overridden by the user.
Query 301 has been modified to include additional Benefits Percent info:
- Assigned % Ben: The current benefit percent assigned to the position – either the default value, or an overriding value entered by the user. This is what’s being sent to Hyperion.
- Prescribed % Ben: The new value used by the mass-update process to update existing positions and to be defaulted in for new positions on a go-forward basis.
If the two values are the same, then a position has the new value. If the two values are different, then the value was previously overridden and no mass change was done.
For additional info, please contact Robert Boudreau at 2-8142 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Display Issue – Large number of job openings
Since we’ve now been using eRecruit for 10 years, some departments have created over 300 job openings. PeopleSoft has a search limit of 300 results. This is built into the software and we can’t change it.
If the job opening you are looking for is not within the 300 returned in the search results, then do this:
- On the ‘Find Job Openings’ page, click on the magnifying glass next to the Job Opening ID field.
- On the resulting page, click on ‘Advanced Lookup’.
- Use the advanced lookup fields to narrow your search.
- For example:
- To get more recent Job Openings, use the Job Opening ID field to bring back openings with an ID > 30000.
- Or, limit the results to a specific department.