- New Query – Faculty Promotions
- Benefits Budgets in Position Management
- T4s Now Available On-line
- HRMS Outage in February
New Query – Faculty Promotions
A new Query is available called 059_DASHBOARD_PROMOTIONS (Faculty Promotion History). This Query focuses on tenure track faculty.
It shows date and rank when first hired, when 1st and 2nd promotion was achieved, and current rank. It also provides starting and current salary, termination, retirement and supporting info.
There are many fields in this report and we’re hoping to get an explanation of them up on a web page soon.
For more information contact Robert Boudreau at 2-8142 or email@example.com
Benefits Budget – Position Management
In Position Management, a benefits budget percent is assigned to each position (see example from the P/M Budget tab below). The benefits percent is passed into Hyperion weekly along with salary budget info. However, the default benefit percentages have not been updated since 2010.
We are in the process of updating this information to allow you to budget more accurately (see new rates here).
In March/April we will calculate the difference between the old and new benefit rates and automatically apply this factor to all of your positions.
In the interim, the Hyperion system is overriding all benefit budgets coming from Position Management with the new rates.
This is not a perfect solution, but will temporarily provide more accurate benefits budgets until positions are updated in March/April.
For additional info, please contact Robert Boudreau at 2-8142 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
T4s Now Available Online
T4/T4A statements are now available online. UBC issues tax slips online as PDFs that are identical to the printed form and are accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) when filing your taxes.
Faculty, staff, and student employees can now download their 2018 T4 and/or T4A statements for their tax returns via the Faculty and Staff Self-Service
How to download your statement
- Log into the Faculty and Staff Self-Service portal using your Campus-Wide Login (CWL). If you are off-campus, you will need to connect using a
- If not already on the HRMS Self Service tab, locate the HRMS Self Service tab near the top of the screen.
- In the myPay section of the screen select Year End Slips to access your tax slip for 2018, and for previous years if required.
- If you have not previously accessed your slip(s) online, you will be required to acknowledge a consent agreement.
- If you choose to receive PDF tax slips you may still receive a printed copy for the 2018 tax year, but you will not receive a printed slip in the future.
Note 1: Faculty and staff who choose not to accept the agreement will continue to receive their T4/T4A statements via mail in late February, consistent with the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency.
Note 2: T4s will not be available Feb 22nd to Feb 24th due to a planned outage to HRMS (see bulletin item below).
For more detailed information on T4’s, including contact info if you have questions, visit the Financial Operations website here.
HRMS Outage – February
Due to a scheduled upgrade to underlying technology, HRMS will be down from 5:00PM Friday February 22 until midnight Sunday February 24.
This includes all HRMS applications accessed via the MSP Portal:
- HRMS Live,
- HRMS Reporting,
- Internal posting site,
- HRMS Self Service (including T4s),
- Staff PD.
And, the following applications not accessed via the MSP Portal:
- External posting sites,
- Short Posting URLs,
- Training Catalogue/Registration,
- HRMS Sick Leave application.
Is there anything you need to be concerned about?
- Since this is a technology-only upgrade, the on-line application is, for the most part, not affected (the part you see and use every day).
- There will be minor visible changes – screen colours, box shapes, etc. – but screens will largely look and behave as before.
- Where necessary, job postings will be automatically extended 2 days to account for the downtime period.
- The team is rewriting over 130 HRMS Queries that were incompatible with the new technology. If you discover an HRMS Query that no longer works – either now or after February 24 – please contact email@example.com.