Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
By Robert Boudreau on November 21, 2018
Payroll Portfolios Reassigned
To better serve customers, Payroll has reassigned portfolios for both faculty and staff. Please visit the “Payroll Contacts for Staff” and “Payroll Contacts for Faculty” hyperlinks on this page to get familiar with the portfolio updates.
Mandatory Privacy and Information Security Training:
Per Professor Ono’s broadcast email of October 11, 2018, the UBC Executive has made the online ‘Privacy and Information Security – Fundamentals’ training mandatory for all faculty, staff, researchers, student employees and contractors who use UBC Electronic Information and Systems.
Training is taken in Canvas and records of completion are transferred into HRMS. HRMS Administrators can run Query 908 or 910 to check completion for their employees.
Note: HR administrators are requested to complete their training as a matter of priority.
What causes completion records to not show up in HRMS for your employees?
- A delay in HRMS receiving new training records from Canvas (up to 2 days).
- An individual not fully completing the training (the employee can log into Canvas to verify completion).
- An employee using a CWL to sign on to Canvas that has no employee ID associated with it.
- This most often occurs with student employees.
- Instructions on how a CWL user can associate an employee ID can be found here.
- This likely will require assistance from you (providing the employee number and PIN they’ll need to do the association).
- PIN’s can be found in HRMS by using the following navigation: Workforce Administration, Personal Information, Biographical, Modify a Person. The employee’s PIN is in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Once an employee ID is associated with a CWL, it may take up to 24 hours for training records to be updated into HRMS.
With proof of completion, it’s also possible for departmental administrators to update an employee’s training records in HRMS manually. Please refer to December 2016 HRMS bulletin for instructions.
If you have any concerns or questions on the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By Robert Boudreau on June 11, 2018
New Student Worklearn Report
Several Query reports include information on student employees, but none specifically devoted to tracking hours and pay for Worklearn projects. A new Query report has been created (611_WORKLEARN) that hopefully does this.
When running the Query, you’ll be prompted to enter the start and end date of the session you’re interested in tracking. For example, May to August of 2018. For the time frame requested, the pay detail of each employee is listed, along with total hours and pay for each individual employee. If Project # and Project Max Hours were recorded on a student’s hire record, you will also see this information.
You can continue to re-run the Query (using the same session dates) after the session is over to pick up any payments processed after session completion.
This was a difficult report to transition to the Query reporting tool. If you see any issues or have suggestions for improvement, please contact Robert Boudreau.