- Workflow Delegations
- Equity Stats – New Query
- Non-Terminated Hourly Employees
- Faculty Increase Retro – Closed P/Gs
Over the last month we’ve encountered a high number of requests to update workflow rules. Much of this is caused by approvers going on vacation. There are two solutions to this:
- Remind your approvers to use this feature.
- It does not require changes to the central workflow rules inventory.
- It allows approvers to re-direct their approvals to an alternate person for a specified period of time (up to two months).
- It’s available in the ‘My Workflow Profile’ menu item.
- Only the actual approver can use this feature. No one else can do it on their behalf.
- Delegations are not retroactive. In other words, the delegation rules entered on the ‘My Workflow Profile’ screen
- only apply to new transactions.
- Ensure your workflow steps have at least one secondary approver identified.
- Secondary approvers can, if notified, do an approval for a primary approver.
To get a list of your workflow rules, run Query: 400_HRMS_WORKFLOW_RULES
Equity Stats – New Query:
- As mentioned in the March 22 bulletin, the Equity and Inclusion Office would like all employees to complete the on-line Equity Questionnaire.
- Please encourage your employees to complete the questionnaire. They can find the survey in the mySurveys section of HRMS Self-Service.
- More information on the Employment Equity Census can be found here: http://equity.ubc.ca/employment-equity/employment-equity-online-census/
- You can check which employees have/have not completed a questionnaire by running Query: 065_EQUITY_SURVEY_RESPONSE.
- Query 065 includes employee email addresses. You can use these to contact employees to encourage them to complete the questionnaire.
- Additionally, a new Query is now available called : 066_EQUITY_SURVEY_STATS.
- This new Query provides stats on a department by department basis. This includes total number of eligible employees, number of survey responses and percent completed.
Non-Terminated Hourly Employees:
- Many hourly paid employees remain active even though they have not worked for years.
- These employees continue to get scooped up in salary increase processing (step increases, GWIs), broadcast emails, and employee stat reports.
- Please run Query: 050_NO_HOURS_IN_12_MONTHS to see if you have these hourly employees in your department.
- If you do, please terminate them.
Faculty Increase Retro – Closed P/Gs:
- Steps are under way to process faculty increases back to 2014.
- Faculty may have been paid from research grants that are now closed.
- You will be contacted by Payroll if they detect retro is being charged to closed P/Gs.
- Please be prepared with an alternate speedchart.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.