Introducing the New Department of Risk Management Services
Risk Management Services (RMS) is a new department at UBC bringing together the former Office of Enterprise Risk Management, the Department of Health, Safety and Environment, and the Office of Risk and Insurance. The new department will focus on identifying, assessing and managing all types of risk (strategic, academic, operational, financial, hazard and reputational) on both UBC campuses.
Under the direction of Ron Holton, Chief Risk Officer, RMS will continue to offer the services formerly offered by the departments above, including:
- Enterprise Risk Management: Risk Registers (risk identification and assessment)
- Occupational and Research Health and Safety
- Environmental Impact Mitigation
- Emergency Preparedness & Continuity Planning
- Insurance Placement & Claims Management
Check out the Risk Management Services website for details on our services offered to UBC staff, faculty and students.