Please share this with your CUPE 116 staff
UBC staff in the CUPE 116 employee group can now apply for up to $500/fiscal year from the CUPE 116 Professional & Skills Development Fund (subject to eligibility). This fund can assist you to pay for learning activities that will help you grow and develop in your current role and advance your career at UBC.
For the complete funding guidelines and reimbursement instructions, visit: http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/cupe-116.
For information on all staff and faculty professional development funding at UBC, visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/.
- The $500/year funding amount will be pro-rated if you work fewer than 20 hours per week.
- Note that UBC Aquatic Centre employees are not eligible for this funding program.
- Full details at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-development/funding/cupe-116.
Some Possible Learning Opportunities
- Participate in a HR MOST workshop on customer service excellence or leadership;
- Work towards a certificate or diploma at VCC, Langara, BCIT or elsewhere;
- Purchase a resource book related to a new skill development area;
- Attend a conference to stay current in your field of work; or
- Many more opportunities are available.
If you have questions about a course or about your eligibility, please contact the HR PD Funding Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org , 604-822-6314, or in person at the Human Resources Service Centre on the 6th floor of TEF 3 (map). You can also confirm your eligibility on the UBC Self-Service Portal and click the “Staff PD” tab.
Applications to this funding program will be accepted and processed by Human Resources on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to overall budget availability.
Other Ways to Learn at UBC
- Online Learning : Learn technology, creative and workplace business skills at your own pace with lynda.com. UBC provides you with free and unlimited access to Lynda.com’s vast library of high-quality and engaging video tutorials. Use your CWL to login for free through www.lynda.ubc.ca.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Benefit: This UBC staff benefit provides tuition assistance for eligible CUPE 116 staff and can be applied to UBC undergraduate credit courses, as well as many UBC continuing studies non-credit courses. If you are eligible to use this benefit, you can take UBC courses for both personal and career development purposes. In some instances, you can transfer this benefit to your spouse or children.
- Career Navigation: If you are looking for assistance to develop your own career development plan or want enhanced support to navigate your career at UBC, Human Resources offers resources and assistance.
- Coaching: Coaching@UBC offers free 1-on-1 coaching for you. You can work with a coach for up to six sessions to focus and move forward on a personal or professional goal through the exploration of ideas with a coach as your confidential and unbiased thinking partner.