As a reminder, we have information for how you can ensure your HR paperwork reaches its destination in the event of a possible Canada Post labour disruption. Campus Mail will continue to operate without disruption across all UBC campuses during this time.
Our addresses are:
UBC Human Resources – Vancouver
600 – 6190 Agronomy Road
UBC Human Resources – Okanagan
ADM002 – 1138 Alumni Ave
Kelowna, BC Canada
Benefits enrollment packages: For new employees, our benefits & payroll enrollment packages must be submitted on paper as some of the processes therein require original signatures. You can submit your completed package to Payroll at your campus via campus mail, courier, or in person.
Benefits claims: The quickest way to submit Extended Health and/or Dental claims is online, either through mysunlife.ca or the Sun Life mobile app (Access ID and password required for both). Before you can submit a claim, you must register for online services at mysunlife.ca or call Sun Life at 1-800-361-6212. Be sure to register for direct deposit in order to have claim payments electronically deposited into your bank account.
The Sun Life mobile app includes a photo submission feature for uploading receipts and doctor’s referrals, if required. This is why more claims can be submitted over the app compared with mysunlife.ca.
- Your first claim for massage cannot be submitted online because a doctor’s note must accompany the claim – submit the claim through the SunLife mobile app instead. A doctor’s referral is required every 12 months.
- Dental claims for bridges, crowns, dentures, dental accidents and all dental work that requires preauthorization are ineligible for online submission. Your dental office will submit the preauthorization request to SunLife via fax, and they will receive a copy of the SunLife decision by fax in return. While your copy of the SunLife decision may be delayed in the post until after any labour disruption delays, you can contact SunLife by phone to confirm the status of your preauthorization claims. Call them at 1-800-361-6212.
- Even if you are making online or mobile app claims, you must keep all receipts on file in case of audit. Sun Life audits one in eight online claims and audits all online claims over $700.
If you have questions about benefits, you can contact our help line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pensions: the Pensions Administration Office will work with its members to ensure that information and payments are delivered in the best way. Please contact the Pensions Office directly if you have any questions:
- For the Staff Pension Plan: contact email@example.com
- For the Faculty Pension Plan: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional development reimbursement: If you have a staff or faculty PD Funds reimbursement claim, please submit the paperwork through campus mail or drop it off in person to the HR office. If you have questions, please contact the PD Fund team at email@example.com.
Aren’t sure? Contact us
The HR Service Centre will be able to answer your questions about where paperwork can be dropped off/delivered. Our office is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Call us at 604-822-8111 during this time with any questions.