As UBC navigates though COVID-19, Human Resources will make every effort to continue to provide support to faculty and staff. Our teams are transitioning to remote work, including changes to:
- Compensation operations
- Benefits operations
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Workplace Health Services
- Pension Office operations
- Investigations Office operations
Changes to Compensation operations
The Compensation team transitioned to working remotely, however there will be no change to the work and the level of customer service. The team is making adjustments to accommodate this temporary work arrangement with no disruptions to the clients.
Changes to Benefits operations
The Benefits team continues normal services during this time and will be responding to all benefits inquiries in a timely manner. Please send all the internal inquiries from UBC staff to appropriate email addresses.
- All external and general inquiries should be directed to the appropriate benefits team members or the Benefits email.
- The benefits team is available for calls and emails Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- For all urgent inquiries please contact Linda Casey or Janet McHugh.
Changes to Workplace Wellbeing
The Workplace Wellbeing team is now taking all inquiries through email, and exploring opportunities to offer online and webinar health and wellbeing workshops. Stay tuned!
Changes to Workplace Health Services
At this time, Occupational & Preventive Health (OPH) will be conducting only telephone appointments, with the exception of urgent and critical vaccinations. The Ergonomics team will be doing phone and video chat assessments when possible, while in-person assessments will be done only for high-priority groups.
Changes to Pension Office operations
The UBC Pension Administration Office is operating through email and phone only. Staff are available by email and are checking their voicemails regularly. In-person visits are temporarily suspended. Please refer to the following notices for information on how to contact the Pension office during this time:
- For staff: https://staff.pensions.ubc.ca/2020/03/18/changes-to-pension-office-operations-effective-immediately/
- For faculty: https://faculty.pensions.ubc.ca/2020/03/changes-to-pension-office-operations-effective-immediately/
Changes to Investigations Office operations
The Investigations Office continues to serve staff, faculty and students on both campuses, as usual. Operationally, the office has made adjustments to conduct investigation processes using conferencing and online platforms, and continues to respond to all inquiries via email and phone as usual.
The impartial and neutral investigations provided in response to complaints of sexual misconduct (UBC Policy SC17) and discrimination (UBC Policy SC7) have not changed.
For any questions, please contact Shelley Ball, Director of Investigations.