The 2019 UBC United Way campaign is well underway, and we are excited to share that so far more than $370,000 has been raised from the generosity of over 580 donors and through community events taking place around campus in October. Thank you to everyone who has funded, shared, and participated – we are so grateful for your support!
Haven’t had a chance to get involved? There is still time for you to support the university’s only board-approved charity by becoming a UBC United Way donor and giving online today. In addition to giving via payroll deduction, there are a number of events in which you can participate over the next few weeks:
Take part in Possibility Weeks, Nov. 12 – 22, which features community-building events to raise awareness of how the United Way serves the needs of our local communities to help support kids, families and seniors:
- Faculty of Forestry Wreath Sale (until Nov. 20)
- UBC United Way 50-50 online raffle (until Dec.1)
- UBC United Way Book Sale (Nov. 13)
- FinOps Bake Sale (Nov. 14)
- Headshots by Donation (Nov. 15)
- MOA Food and Culture Festival (Nov. 18)
- Film it Forward (Nov. 18)
- UBC Ice Skating Fundraiser (Nov. 19)
- Sauder Bake Sale (Nov. 20)
- Brock Hall Bake Sale (Nov. 21)
Learn more about this year’s UBC United Way campaign, and the different ways you can get involved. Together we can help people thrive!