We are hosting a Working Mind for Managers session on Oct. 8, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. All supervisors/managers/members of the distributed HR community of practice in Vancouver are invited to attend.
The Working Mind is a Mental Health Commission of Canada, evidence-based, workplace training program aimed at increasing mental health literacy for supervisors/managers.
Date: Oct. 8, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability (CIRS), Policy Room A&B
At this training, you will learn:
- the basic concepts, risk factors and causes of mental illness and mental disorders
- the confidence, tools and resources to manage and support employees who may be experiencing mental health problems or illness
- about the Mental Health Continuum Model, how to observe changes in employees along the continuum, and how to take appropriate action
- about workplace accommodations and return to work services
- how to communicate with employees about mental health illness in a workplace context
- how to your mental health literacy to help recognize, manage and prevent mental health challenges in the workplace