Coaching is a development opportunity to focus and move forward on your personal, professional or organizational goals through the exploration of ideas and candid dialogue with a confidential and unbiased thinking partner. UBC Coaching offers several ways for faculty and staff to engage with coaching, on an individual as well as a leadership basis.
We have several coaches available to UBC staff and faculty. Both internal and external coaches offer coaching services at no cost for up to six sessions, for staff and faculty who register through the UBC Coaching portal. Visit coaching.hr.ubc.ca/app/coaching/ to login to our coaching portal with your CWL.
Coaching information session: Oct. 9
Would you like to learn more about coaching? We have a one-hour information session on Oct. 9, to provide interested staff and faculty with an overview on what coaching is, and how it can help you with your personal or professional development at UBC.
Foundations of Workplace Coaching Skills: Oct. 30
If you are interested in learning how to bring coaching to your work style, we invite you to join us for a one-day workshop, to gain a better understanding of coaching and put coaching skills into practice.
- Understand what a coach approach means, the key principles and what is a coaching mindset
- Understand how coaching skills complement and strengthen your wider communication skills
- Be able to distinguish between coaching and mentoring/counselling/consulting/advising
- Understand the structure of a coaching conversation
- Be able to engage in fundamental coaching skills
- Be able to identify where, when and how you can use coaching in your work at UBC
- Be able to discern coachable moments and identify when coaching is not the best form of communication
If you are interested in this workshop, you may be able to use your professional development funding. Please visit the page for your employee group to learn more.
Want to be a coach?
Our Coaching program will be accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Coaching Internship Program this fall. Successful candidates will receive funding towards the completion of an ICF Accredited Coach Training Program at an institution of their choice. If you are interested in learning more about this program, we encourage you to join us for our information session in November.