QPR Suicide Intervention Training is an internationally recognized suicide intervention program designed to help you question, persuade, and refer. UBC offers free QPR Training for students, staff, and faculty to help them recognize suicide warning signs, approach someone who may be at risk, persuade the person to seek appropriate health services, and connect the person to resources that will help resolve crises. QPR acts as an emergency mental health intervention designed to save lives much like CPR or other methods of emergency medical intervention.
Our next QPR training session is June 12, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
At this training, you will learn:
- How to get help for yourself;
- Common causes and warning signs of suicidal behaviour;
- Tools and skills on how to intervene;
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone at risk;
- How to get help for someone in crisis; and
- Familiarity with referral resources both on and off campus.