Policy #15 (Smoking and Smoking Product Promotion on Campus)
On Feb. 12, 2019, the Board of Governors approved proposed amendments to Policy #15 (Smoking and Smoking Product Promotion on Campus).
The proposed amendments are intended to ensure that Policy #15 is clear and updated in response to the federal Cannabis Act coming into effect on Oct. 17, 2018, and legalizing the possession and sale of certain amounts and certain classes of cannabis.
- For the full text of the policy, please visit: https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2019/02/policy15.pdf
Policy #93 (Open, Closed and In Camera Meetings of the Board of Governors)
On Feb. 8, 2019, the governance committee of the UBC Board of Governors approved the following documents: Board Meeting Rules and Practices and Committee Meeting Rules and Practices. On Feb. 12, 2019, the UBC Board of Governors approved proposed amendments to Policy #93 (Closed Meetings of the Board of Governors).
- A copy of the approved Policy #93 is available at: https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2019/02/policy93.pdf
- A copy of the Board Meeting Rules and Practices is available at: https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2019/02/Board-Meeting-Rules-and-Practices.pdf
- A copy of the Committee Meeting Rules and Practices is available at: https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/files/2019/02/Committee-Meeting-Rules-and-Practices.pdf
Proposed amendments to Policy #16 (Non-University Use of University Services and Facilities)
The UBC community is invited to comment on proposed amendments to Policy #16 (Non-University Use of University Services and Facilities).
Policy #16 governs non-university use of university equipment and support services. As a charitable organization and responsible steward of public resources, UBC acquires equipment for the achievement of UBC’s mission and purposes. Reflecting UBC’s charitable status, the policy establishes the principle that UBC’s equipment and support services may not be used for non-UBC purposes, such as for personal purposes and business uses, unless such use is authorized by the appropriate member of the UBC administration, who shall ensure that the University is suitably compensated for any such uses.
- Read more at https://universitycounsel.ubc.ca/open-policy-consultations/proposed-amendments-to-policy-16/
Policy #101 (Vending Machines on Campus)
The UBC community is invited to comment on proposed amendments to Policy #101 (Vending Machines on Campus).
The policy addresses the process by which the acquisition installation of vending machines on campus is approved and which UBC units have the responsibility for such approvals. The proposed amendments to the policy are intended to ensure that vending machines are installed with appropriate input and that any profit or commissions generated from the vending machines are received by the appropriate UBC unit or department.