You can use short URLs to direct to UBC job postings in eRecruit, for print, web and social media uses.
How to access a short URL for an active posting:
- Find the job ID, the unique 5-digit identifier on all jobs posted through eRecruit (indicated below in red).
- Append the 5-digit job ID to one of the following:
- http://staffcareers.ubc.ca/ (for staff jobs)
- http://facultycareers.ubc.ca/ (for faculty jobs currently posted on UBC’s eRecruit system)
- Your URL will look like this:
When you enter this URL in a browser window, or click on the URL in an email, you will be taken directly to the job posting page, where users can go through the regular external application process. Internal candidates will need to continue to login to Self-Service to apply for jobs.
If you link to an invalid job ID, or to a posting which has expired, the browser redirects the user back to the Staff Careers page.
If you have any questions or problems using the short URLs, please contact HR Communications