We have four spaces left in our May 11, 2018, session on Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity. Register ASAP to sharpen your interview and recruitment skills.
Note that this workshop is designed for UBC managers/administrators who have responsibility for the recruitment of staff.
About this workshop
The interview is a vital step in the hiring process, so you want it to be as effective as possible. This workshop will focus on the essential skills of behavioural interviewing so that you can more effectively get to know your candidates and find the best fit for your team.
Through group exercises, discussions and role-play within this workshop, participants will:
- Develop questions and practice behavioural interviewing skills
- Develop tools to select the best candidate for the position
- Understand basic concepts of human rights, employment equity, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation
Participants will also review current Human Rights and Employment Equity legislation and discuss the objectives of UBC’s policy on employment equity.
Facilitation Team and Presenters
- Lani McGill, Human Resources Advisor
- Kathryn Stagg, Human Resources Advisor
- Lindi Frost, Director of Employee Relations
- Jude Tate, Director of Equity and Inclusion
Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity
May 11, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Room 610, TEF III, 6190 Agronomy Road [map]
Register online until May 7; afterwards contact email@example.com