QPR Training is an internationally recognized suicide prevention program designed to help you question, persuade and refer. QPR acts as an emergency mental health intervention that is designed to save lives, much like CPR or other methods of emergency medical intervention. Learn to recognize suicide warning signs, approach someone who may be at risk, persuade the person to seek appropriate health services and connect the person to resources that will help resolve crises.
Our next QPR training session is Feb. 6, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
At this training, you will learn:
- How to get help for yourself;
- Tools and skills on how to prevent suicide;
- Common causes and warning signs of suicidal behaviour;
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone at risk;
- How to get help for someone in crisis; and
- Familiarity with referral resources both on and off campus.