We are running a three-part Building Career Resilience in Change series, beginning Dec. 12. These free lunch-hour sessions are designed for those who wish to engage with the change happening across UBC. Join UBC’s Career Navigation & Transition Consultant Pooja Khandelwal in this group coaching series.
At the end of this three-part series, participants will gain:
- Insights into the meaning and importance of career resilience;
- Skills to begin creating or improve career resilience; and
- Ability to access appropriate resources based on changing career needs.
Part 1: The Changing Workplace and its Impact on Careers
Date: Dec. 12, 2017, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: TEF III, Room 610
- Understand the changing workplace and the importance of building career resilience;
- Introduce concepts and methods to develop or improve career resilience; and
- Take the first step towards career self-reliance through a guided self- reflective assignment.
Part 2: Career Wellbeing as a First Step to Career Resilience
Date: Jan. 18, 2018, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Henry Angus, Room 435
- Gain a deeper understanding of the career self-reliance model from one’s personal lens; and
- Develop a personalized employability plan based on resources available at UBC.
Part 3: Career Resilience Framework
Date: March 1, 2018 , 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Neville Scarfe, Room 209
- Understand the framework of career resilience and its application;
- Engage in an exercise to anchor the new understanding on building career resilience at UBC; and
- Discuss takeaways for moving forward.