Ergonomics play an important role in our safety and wellbeing. The proper ergonomic design of work spaces at UBC can minimize the risk of a wide range of injuries – from eye strain and carpal tunnel syndrome, to persistent neck or back pain.
UBC’s Ergonomics Program has resources & workshops available free of charge for all staff and faculty. Please share this information with staff and faculty in your departments.
- Ergo Your Office Training (One hour): Next session on Oct. 25
- Introductions to Sit-Stand Desks (One hour): Next session on Oct. 17
- Office Ergo Rep Training (Three hours): Next session on Oct. 17
More information & registration is available online
- Office Ergonomics
- Lab Ergonomics
- Ergonomic Regulations, Inspections & Investigations
- Manual Material Handling Ergonomics
- Child Care Ergonomics: a joint project with UBC & WSBC