You may be able to use your PD funding towards this workshop. Learn about PD funding for your employee group.
About the Workshop
Many people are finding projects an increasing part of their workload, yet still have their ‘day job’ responsibilities. Getting your project off to the best possible start is essential for success and tackling today’s project focused environment requires a straightforward, down to earth approach.
This two-day workshop provides practical, effective tools and proven processes that ensure your projects get off to a clear and solid start, ensuring they stay on track, and your deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
- Establish effective communication lines from the start;
- Develop concise intended outcomes and deliverables;
- Build a Project Charter that is simple, yet effective in getting your projects off to the right start;
- Use the most common tools used in Project Management including Network Diagram Dependency Charts, Gantt Charts and Work Breakdown Structures;
- Sequence tasks to determine start dates, finish dates and milestones;
- Use Critical Path Methodology to ensure projects are completed on time;
- Recognize and prevent common Project Management mistakes;
- Use criteria to measure and track your project;
- Identify and evaluate risks and develop contingency plans
- Effectively determine resource requirements
This session is designed for anyone who is involved in projects, as either a team member or project manager, and wants to learn the core basics and proven tools to help achieve more consistent project outcomes.