HR is hosting a two-day workshop on Practical Project Management on Aug. 14-15, 2017.
About the Workshop
Many people are finding projects an increasing part of their workload, yet still have their `day job’ responsibilities. Getting your project off to the best possible start is essential for success and tackling today’s project focused environment requires a straightforward, down to earth approach.
This two-day workshop provides practical, effective tools and proven processes that ensure your projects get off to a clear and solid start, ensuring they stay on track, and your deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
- Establish effective communication lines from the start;
- Develop concise intended outcomes and deliverables;
- Build a Project Charter that is simple, yet effective in getting your projects off to the right start;
- Use the most common tools used in Project Management including Network Diagram Dependency Charts, Gantt Charts and Work Breakdown Structures;
- Sequence tasks to determine start dates, finish dates and milestones;
- Use Critical Path Methodology to ensure projects are completed on time;
- Recognize and prevent common Project Management mistakes;
- Use criteria to measure and track your project;
- Identify and evaluate risks and develop contingency plans
- Effectively determine resource requirements
This session is designed for anyone who is involved in projects, as either a team member or project manager, and wants to learn the core basics and proven tools to help achieve more consistent project outcomes.