Applications for the 2017/18 UBC Community Leadership Program (CLP) are now open to all UBC staff and graduate students.
The UBC Community Leadership Program is an opportunity for emerging leaders to explore what leadership means to them, and to build their skills while giving back to the community. Through the program, participants will:
- Enhance their leadership capabilities
- Gain team development and project management experience
- Be involved in a unique learning opportunity where leadership theory can be tested in real-life situations
- Mentor UBC students and engage with the wider community
We are looking for participants who have:
- a desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- a desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- interest in working collaboratively with and mentoring students
Join us for a noon-time information session on June 26 or July 31 to learn more about this program. Staff from all employee groups, and graduate students, are welcome to apply for this program. Visit clp.ubc.ca for more information and to learn about the impact of last year’s program.
If you can’t attend one of the information sessions and have questions about the program, please email Stephanie Thorpe, Workplace Learning Facilitator.