New Funding Year for Staff Professional Development Funds Began April 1
April 1, 2017, is the start of the new funding year for UBC professional development funds for staff. There have been changes to the maximum claim amounts for some groups, as indicated below and in our memo of April 5, 2017.
- BCGEU Okanagan: $1,200 Regular; $600 Auxiliary
- CUPE 116: $1,000 (new)
- CUPE 2950: $1,400 (new)
- Executive Administrative: $1,500 (new)
- Management and Professional (AAPS): $550
- Non-Union Technicians & Research Assistants: $1,000 (new)
- Service Unit Directors & Excluded M&P: $1,500 (new)
The funding maximums noted above are pro rated in some cases if an employee works part-time. Staff members can confirm their personal eligibility and available balances online through Faculty & Staff Self-Service.
Faculty PD Funding
Information on professional development funding for those with Faculty appointments can be found at: