Learning with Lynda.com is a feature in HR Network News to offer you quick learning tips for use in the workplace. Each video is a few minutes in length, and is intended to help you pick up a few tips on a specific subject. UBC employees have free access to lynda.com – visit lynda.ubc.ca for more information.
Stress is common, even more so during the holiday season when extra bustle and time commitments can affect our sense of wellbeing. Mindfulness-based stress reduction offers strategies to offset the negative effects of the stress we experience. This short Lynda.com video explores the relationship between stress reactions and mindfulness, and shares a simple, in-the-moment technique called “RAIN” to increase clarity and calmness.
(you will be prompted to login with your CWL. Click on the image for one time viewing and for future reference, bookmark your free login access at http://lynda.ubc.ca.)
What other techniques do you use to navigate stress at this busy time of year? Share your ideas in the comments below or send us a note and we’ll feature it in a future Learning with Lynda.com!
Learn more great tips in the full course: Mindfulness (1h 16m)
Other UBC Resources
- Learn to be Mindful with Mindfulness Programs at UBC: Human Resources
- SMART (Stress Management and Resiliency Techniques) mindfulness training program: Okanagan campus, Jan. 10 – Feb. 28, 2017
- Meditation Groups: Vancouver campus, ongoing
- Managing Stress: Lynda.com (21m)
- Fight or Flight, or Frenzy: How to Manage Stress and Find Meaning in a Demanding World: Continuing Studies, Feb. 25
Troubleshooting with lynda.com
Having trouble with lynda.com? Can’t login? Email email@example.com and we will assist you.