Are you looking for a professional development opportunity? There are several options available for the HR community of practice at UBC:
Professional Development Workshops
Human Resources offers professional development workshops geared to enhance and improve your effectiveness at work, as well as to support your career and personal development. Here are some of our upcoming courses this fall:
- Sept. 30: Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity
- Oct. 5: Navigating Today’s Communication Challenges
- Oct. 11: Practical Project Management (2-Day)
- Oct. 17: Coaching@UBC Coaching Internship Program – Information Session
- Nov. 7: Writing Professional Minutes
- Nov. 8: Moving from Peer to Leader – 1 & 2
See all HR PD courses at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-engagement/.
Continuing Studies Courses
UBC Continuing Studies has a number of courses and programs for your professional and personal development. You can see their full course list here.
UBC Continuing Studies courses are eligible for tuition waivers. Learn about tuition waivers for your employment group.
The Coaching at UBC program currently has a number of coaches available to work with UBC faculty and staff. You decide what topic you want to work on with your coach, professional or personal, and the coaching process starts from there.