September marks the half-way point of the UBC Staff Professional Development Funds claim year (April 1 – March 31). Staff are encouraged to take advantage of these central funds, and pursue learning activities that will help grow their careers at UBC.
Annual individual funding maximums vary based on employee group affiliation as noted below:
- BCGEU Okanagan: $1,200 Regular; $600 Auxiliary
- CUPE 116: $500
- CUPE 2950: $1,000
- Executive Administrative: $1,000
- Management and Professional (AAPS): $550
- Non-Union Technicians & Research Assistants: $800
Additional personal and professional development opportunities are available for staff and faculty, including:
- Tuition waivers: to offset the cost of your chosen UBC credit courses or continuing education with UBC Continuing Studies.
- Lynda.com: “anytime learning” online courses that can help you brush up on your technical, creative, or workplace business skills (a $360 individual value available free of cost for all UBC faculty and staff).
- In-Person workshops are offered at our Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
Those with faculty or post-doc appointments have access to professional development funds as follows: