Learning with Lynda.com is a feature in HR Network News to offer you quick learning tips for use in the workplace. Each video is a few minutes in length, and is intended to help you pick up a few tips on a specific subject. UBC employees have free access to lynda.com – visit lynda.ubc.ca for more information.
When UBC’s new president Professor Santa Ono introduced himself to the UBC community, he emphasized his commitment as a servant leader who works on behalf of the entire UBC community. Helping others succeed and focusing on the people and communities within an organization are main attributes of servant leadership. Understand more about this leadership style, and discover five traits of servant leaders, in this short Lynda.com video: Becoming a Servant Leader.
(you will be prompted to login with your CWL. Click on the top video screenshot for one-time viewing or select subscribe to entire playlist to add this learning series to your free lynda.com learning account for future reference.)
We can all exhibit servant leadership, regardless of our role at the university. How does servant leadership resonate with you and in what ways do you see it in action at UBC?
Learn more great tips in the full course: New Manager Fundamentals (1h 12m)
Other UBC Resources
- Leadership Fundamentals: lynda.com (1 h 24m)
- Moving from Peer to Leader: a UBC Professional Development workshop: Nov. 8 & 9
- Community Leadership Program: a UBC program for all leaders – application deadline Aug. 30.
- Managing@UBC: a UBC program designed to support managers in their role (ongoing)
- ALDP: a cohort-based leadership development program for academic leaders at UBC
- Continuing Studies’ Life and Careers Programs
Troubleshooting with lynda.com
Having trouble with lynda.com? Can’t login? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.