Are you looking for a professional development opportunity? There are several options available for the HR community of practice at UBC:
The Coaching at UBC program currently has 24 coaches available to work with UBC faculty and staff. You decide what topic you want to work on with your coach, professional or personal, and the coaching process starts from there.
Professional Development Workshops
Human Resources offers professional development workshops geared to enhance and improve your effectiveness at work, as well as to support your career and personal development. Here are some of our upcoming courses this fall:
- Aug. 24: Appreciative Inquiry: A Way to Generate and Nurture Effective Work Environments
- Sept. 14: An Introduction to Speaking in Groups
- Sept. 30: Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity
- Oct. 05: Navigating Today’s Communication Challenges
- Oct. 11: Practical Project Management (2-Day)
- Oct. 17: Coaching@UBC Coaching Internship Program – Information Session
- Nov. 07: Writing Professional Minutes
- Nov. 08: Moving from Peer to Leader – 1 & 2
See all HR PD courses at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/learning-engagement/.